I’m so lucky to live so close to wine country and can go relax for a weekend.
One of my best friend’s turned 30 – and we thought the perfect way to celebrate would be a fun, relaxing girl’s weekend in Sonoma! We rented an Airbnb (which was spectacular), spent some time at wineries, ate some delicious food. It was a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday for one of my favorite girls in the world.
Wineries to Visit:
Wineries in Sonoma are plentiful, and I’ve been to many. Here are some we went to on this trip and others I’ve been to in the past
- Matanzas Creek – I loved this one! Stop at a deli, get some sandwiches, and have a picnic here. They have a huge lavender field (which was not blooming now, sadly. I’ll be back though when it does)
- Paradise Ridge – Get a bottle of wine and relax on their patio overlooking their famous love sculpture. The grounds are covered in iron sculptures (think Burning Man) and it’s really a cool property
- Iron Horse Vinyards – like sparkling wine? Go here. It’s fantastic
- Jacuzzi – I have three words for you: Olive. Oil. Tastings. Need I say more?
- Chateau St. Jean – This place is so relaxing and zen. I can’t describe exactly why, but I’m always so happy here. You absolutely must go.
- The Girl and the Fig – We went here for Brunch and I could eat here every day of the week, for every meal.
- Maya – All of the food here was SO. GOOD.
- Sweet Scoops Ice Cream – Lavender Fig Ice Cream. Yes? Yes.
PS – Some pics are mine, some are from my friends. Thanks girls!