I made the most decadent dessert I’ve ever made for Easter, and it was absolutely DELICIOUS! If you are a fan of chocolate, or cheesecake – this recipe is a must make 🙂
Yesterday I shared how I made these adorable Carrot Strawberries, and today I’m sharing how I used them! And what says spring and easter more than these cute little carrots in dirt! I found this recipe for Tripe Chocolate Cheesecake on OMG Chocolate Desserts and decided to try it for our Easter dessert. This recipe produces a rich, super decadent cheesecake that got RAVE reviews from my family. If I am ever in need of something rich again, this will definitely be my go to.
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 lbs. cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 eggs- room temperature
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate-chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate-finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2-3 ground Oreo Cookies
- 8 candy coated strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 5-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling. I did 8, but think it would have been better with 5.
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed and do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry (about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 8 hours, or better overnight.
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake and let set in the fridge.
- Finish with ground Oreo cookies and candy covered strawberries
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- This cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance and stored covered in the refrigerator.